Motorcycle Adventure #1

Motorcycle Adventure #1
Ann & Dan in Colorado

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

reflections

1. Boiled peanuts are icky.
2. When you take the back roads, you can go for DAYS without seeing a Starbucks.
3. Lightening bugs should be on the endangered species list.
4. The Blue Ridge Parkway should be charging a "lift ticket" for all the "runs."
5. There is far too much corn going un-harvested.
6. The Indian Reservations need more "stimulus" money to repair their roads!
7. There are a lot of people flying American flags in their yards/on their porches, but it would make me happy to see more.
8. Rain hurts when it hits you in the eyeballs at 45mph.
9. Des Moines, Iowa is my pick for "medium sized" clean and wholesome city. (awesome fair, too!)
10. DuBois, Wyo is my pick for "small" city.
11. When you spend much time in the south, your inner voice starts talking to you with a drawl.
12. You get random travel advice from friendly folks at EVERY gas station. ( it's good to meet the local Rick Steves out there)
13. The restaurants inside of state and national parks serve very bad food. (Acadia Park in Maine is the exception...POPOVERS!)
14. Disappointed in the number of people that said, "the what rally?" Perhaps America is not as awake as I hoped.
15. It had been about 20 years since I had been bitten by chiggers, and I hope I go another 20 before encountering them again.
16. Dan says he doesn't feel the need to go home cuz when I am with him, he IS home. (isn't that a sweet reflection)
17. Never wet down your Harley "air conditioning vest" and then decide to do a cave tour! BRRRRRR.
18. If Thomas Jefferson were alive today, I'd hire him as my architect. (loved Monticello!)
19. It isn't possible to cross the U.S. in August without stopping at least once at a Dairy Queen.
20. People are generally extremely nice, especially if you smile at them and ask them how their day is going.

1 comment:

  1. I love your reflections Ann. The folks of Tellico Plains are still talking about you guys. You made quite an impact on our little town. I wish the best to you and Dan and hope that our paths cross again in the future. God Bless you both.

    Alex and Buck
    Cherohala Motorcycle Resort

    ReplyDelete